While on our little trip up to Kandy, we went to see a local group that performs traditional Kandyan dancing. Now I'm all for a good cultural experience, but I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I'm not sure if it was the style of dancing and the music or just the performance itself - our driver even admitted that most of the good dancers were out sick that day. Sina and I felt like it was somewhat like Samoan dancing only not really as good at all.
But then after the dancing inside on the stage, everybody moved outside for the grand finale. That, my friends, was another story altogether. You've heard about it, maybe even seen video of it before somewhere, but nothing as good as our footage. And you should try seeing it in real life!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was really cool! I wish they seemed more excited to be walking through fire, though. They're kind of walking through it like they're walking down a regular, old hallway at their house. Hello! Your feet are on fire!
ReplyDeleteThe music is pretty rockin'!