Ruby had her ballet recital one week ago. In her words, she starred as "a butterfly in the number two show" of her ballet school's performance of Beauty and the Beast. It was a lot of work, getting her to and from all the rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and keeping track of her costume and makeup through it all. And although she was on stage for a mere 2 minutes, she was in heaven and we couldn't help but think she was an angel. Of course, I have vowed not to put her in the show next year, but we all know that is an empty threat, because what mother doesn't love to see their little girl happily dancing on stage.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Debut
Ruby had her ballet recital one week ago. In her words, she starred as "a butterfly in the number two show" of her ballet school's performance of Beauty and the Beast. It was a lot of work, getting her to and from all the rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and keeping track of her costume and makeup through it all. And although she was on stage for a mere 2 minutes, she was in heaven and we couldn't help but think she was an angel. Of course, I have vowed not to put her in the show next year, but we all know that is an empty threat, because what mother doesn't love to see their little girl happily dancing on stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should get professional pictures taken in that costume! She looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteI must say she is a chip off the grandma block... so happy she loves the stage!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is GORGEOUS. As a mother of 3 girls I always say I'm not doing next year too, and then do. I feel like a bad mother that I haven't signed my 4 year old up for dance yet because I have no time. I know she'll never succeed in dance if she doesn't start before age 5, right?
ReplyDeleteDo you know Adrianne and Linsey Crisler?
ReplyDeleteYes, fairly well. Adrianne and I were in the same singles ward where I met my husband-- she dated, briefly, his roommate. After I got married, I moved into Linsey Crisler's ward. Small world, no?
ReplyDelete