Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Giant Circle Time

Ruby's preschool put on a non-performance performance they called a Giant Circle Time activity. They prepared from the time Ruby started attending the school. It was delightful! Ruby participated in a Sri Lankan dance she calls the bangle dance, but don't ask her to show it to you. She can only do it at school and she will show it to you TOMORROW (that is what she tells me every day!), a popcorn song (which she insisted leading up to the event was 'Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree'- no surprise, it was not), and the Candyman song. The night before the performance a naughty mosquito sneaked into her room and left a mark right between her eyes-- at least we are in the part of the world where that might be mistaken for a bindi! You may also notice in the pictures that all the other children have their shoes off. Ruby insists she must have her shoes on the moment she steps across the threshold. It isn't a mild insistence, it can induce tears. What parent begs their child not to put her shoes on before going out to play!

It was so fun to watch her perform. She was so happy to see us, waving through the entire performance and yelling to her teachers, "Look my mommy and daddy are here!"








4 comments:

  1. I want to be part of Giant Circle Time! That looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and the bangles...so pretty. Ruby you look great. I love the candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't little girls the greatest???? Looks like y'all are giving her the greatest childhood. I myself am a little jealous of all the great things she gets to do and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back into blogging. I love the pictures of Ruby! Just got back from the south. Let's talk Friday.

    ReplyDelete