If you know Sina well at all then you probably can guess one of the things we did while in Salzburg.
That's right, the Sound of Music bus tour - all the famous sites, accompanied by tourist sing-a-longs and endless Sound of Music trivia. Funny thing, Sina already knew all of the trivia.
Let's be honest. I'd be more eager to admit publicly that I enjoy the movie but for one thing, and I think you all know what it is. The Haircut. Ted Turner used to take old movies and colorize them - can't he work some magic and swap Maria's hair out for something different? Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins looks great, I daresay even sexy. Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music? No need to fear for those vows of celibacy with that one. That being said, when your guide dresses up like this you can't help but enjoy the tour in spite of the Hair.

There were more dandelions...
And running through dandelions of course...
I've been on this tour, a million years ago, but it was wonderful. Austria is perfect. Your two years there will be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI've been on this tour too! I loved it. The tour guide wished my 17-year-old sister and me (then 19): "rich husbands, many babies." Still working on it =) Congrats on the new posting. That will be a wonderful spot.
ReplyDeleteHow were your kids on the tour? We went last December, but opted for our own tour, because we were worried it would be too long for kids. Looks like you guys are having a blast. Congrats on Vienna...are you there yet?
ReplyDelete