Friday, January 1, 2010

More from the Halloween Party

We spent a lot of time preparing for the Halloween party. So I want to make sure to document some of the things we did. We ended up with apx. 60 guests, so my picture taking slacked off once it got really busy.

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

First, we made all of the trick-or-treat bags from scratch. I found black paper, so we folded it, added cardboard to strengthen the bottom, and used raffia for the handles. Then Ruby stamped a white handprint on each one.



We added two googely eyes and a mouth then VOILA! Each child got one to collect their carnival game prizes. this is Tanusha.Ruby asked her guests to bring a toy to donate to the local cancer hospital for children, in lieu of a birthday present. She collected 35 gifts to donate.


And we had so many carnival games!
There was facepainting

Balloon shooting (notice the body boppers and the bouncer in back)

Bean bag toss (We painted signs for every game, it really made the yard look festive), I was quite pleased with my goal on the bean bag toss, I cut out black paper to make our playroom tunnel look like a monster's head, sadly the scary eyebrows had fallen off by the time we took this picture.

A duck pond, and thanks to my brother-in-law Clay for the tip on how to weight the rubber ducky so it would float upright!

Real door-to-door tick-or-treating!

Photo Booth: which I will make sure to use next year.

One more shot of the cake, just because.

5 comments:

  1. That's a really cool idea to have the guests donate toys for charity instead of birthday presents. You are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You constantly amaze me. It all looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wish my girlie could have come. What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing, but you always were the party planner-animal in college. I love to see what you're up too as we are home with a half a foot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and the cake looks amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete