Gavin and I were having a great morning in the playroom. It was one of those rare instances for a mother, when for just a second, they forget their list of things they need to do, should be doing, or can't do right and lose themselves in the moment. We were laughing and rolling around on the floor when Gavin made a dash for the bathroom. It is one of his favorite not-so-covert moves. Knowing he isn't supposed to go into the bathroom, he waits until he is certain you are watching. As soon as he catches the corner of your eye, he screams, and slaps his hands as hard as he can against the floor as he crawls at high speed to his target. (That is right, my 15 month old is still not walking). Sometimes, I just let him go. I can always wash his hands.
Today however, I played the game as usual. Just as he crossed the threshold into the bathroom, I grabbed him. And as I did...
I saw a rat make a mad dash toward me. I then lifted my eyes to head out of the room as quickly as possible, only to see a snake in full hunt mode, jaw open wide, lurking behind the toilet. I screamed like a girl. Which, I guess is ok, because I am one.
I hope our blog readers will forgive me for not capturing the moment on camera.
** Snake was captured, after he captured the rat.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EEEWWWWWW!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You are one brave girl (even if you screamed).
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are back in the bloging world. I love to hear your voice in your writing. I am still thinking about this. I think because up until I read this I thought I was one brave girl for capturing a bird that go lost in our chimney that last month It was so scary. It was a stupid BIRD! I felt so brave as we got it out of the house. I guess I was scared it was going to poop on me or something. I am going to go and write "Sina is my hero" on my forehead now.
ReplyDeleteHOOOLLLLYY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNA!!!! YIKES. I'm freaking out over here...in your HOUSE!!! You are my hero right now for not totally loosing it...one little mouse in my house and I could hardly cope for days.
ReplyDeleteewwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!
ReplyDeleteI just soiled myself! Scary!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I thought the rat was bad... but the snake... yikes!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love that you have a red headed boy and what is this in your profile about 6 months cancer free??? Did I miss something???
Lori, how long have we been out of contact?? So sorry. I guess because I keep up on your blog, I didn't realize I wasn't keeping you up to speed. Nate was diagnosed with testicular cancer in January, the surgery to remove the tumor seemed to eliminate all the cancer, so he has regular exams to insure the cancer doesn't return. We were very blessed that he did not have to endure any chemo or radiation. He is doing very, very well. Love you!
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me! I thought I could live there but turns out you are a lot stronger than I am. As we celebrated Bastille day yesterday, I could not believe it was only last year that we were all at Claire's country house together. Can't wait to see you in Nov!
ReplyDeleteSina,
ReplyDeleteHey girl! Hows it going? I saw your blog address on Kristens blog. What are you doing over in Sri Lanka? Our blog is www.stearmanclan.blogspot.com if you want to check us out!!
I'm so happy you let me know about your new address. I would check your old blog every once in a while, but I figured the lack of posts was due to your international move. I had no idea about the cancer. I am so happy for you guys that things are better now. By the way, a rat and a snake!?! HOLY MOLY! Have you been able to sleep since then?
ReplyDeleteI thought seeing a scorpion in my house was bad! And it was already dead. Why are you guys abroad anyway, work or pleasure? I don't know very much about you since we left BYU.
ReplyDeleteOh, Sina, the adventures... Love them!
ReplyDelete